Quality you can count on
At Progressive Turnings, quality control is much more than just checking parts. Skilled technicians work with top-notch machinery and tools. The right measuring tools and gages are maintained in close reach for each operation.
Critical dimensions are checked and logged at the machine to ensure parts meet specification while maximizing productivity.
Full sets of thread ring, thread plug, and pin gages provide quick, concise checking. All instruments are ANAB certified for traceable calibration to stringent standards.
Laboratory inspection equipment includes:
- Optical comparator with measuring stage to measure dimensions and compare contours to templates.
- KEYENCE Image Dimension Measurement System’ for fast, automatic inspection of parts, more accurate and repeatable than other measurement techniques.
- Digital depth measurement checks even the smallest holes and bores to the right depth.
- Profilometers check the surface finish to assure the required surface finish.
- We work with customer approved quality plan checklists and inspection plans, including PPAP and SPC.
Statistical Process Control
SPC helps us achieve a higher level of quality and productivity by logging part dimensions in control charts. Analyzing the data helps us produce products conforming to customer specifications, minimizing scrap and improving our productivity levels. Below you can see a control chart, graphing the numerical results for a quantity of parts against the mean dimension. That data can be summarized in a histogram to better summarize the results.